Originally from Romania, Raluca Pilat began her art education at the Fine Arts High School, Nicolae Tonitza, followed by the Fine Arts Academy Nicolae Grigorsecu in Bucharest (Arts Baccalaureate in 1989). After her university studies, Raluca worked as a professor of Art for more than 12 years. In this role she was instrumental in encouraging many students to further explore their artistic skills. Throughout this period she also continued her creative work with her art being displayed at multiple exhibitions and events in Romania and abroad.
Raluca’s portfolio exhibits significant versatility through her mastery of most mediums, from oil, acrylic and pastel painting to graphics. Raluca captures her audience by drawing them into her dream universe. The imagery in her artworks conveys her philosophy on the fate of the human being and his/her connection between the tangible real world and what lies beyond it. Raluca’s technique is imbued with force, vitality and originality. Her use of colour is precise and her touch, sometimes nervous while at other times graceful, perfectly harmonies with her chosen themes. “Creating art is, for me, a way of embracing the world, of creating new ties with it. In my paintings, I try to bring to life these connections, to give shape to these invisible forces.”
S K I L L S
Painting Techniques : oil, acrylic, water colors • Drawing Techniques : crayon, ink, charcoal, pastel • Engraving Techniques : drypoint, eau-forte, aquatinte • Icon on glass • Vast experience in teaching visual arts to students aged 5 to 18 .
E D U C A T I O N
- 1994 Certification in the Teaching of Visual Arts Romanian Ministry of Education
- 1989 Bachelors in Visual and Decorative Arts National University of Arts, Bucharest, Romania
- 1983 High School Diploma in Visual and Decorative Arts National Art College “Nicolae Tonitza”, Bucharest, Romania.
A S S O C I A T I O N S
- 2011- Member of RAAV- Montreal 2009- Member of D.A.M Montreal 1996- Union of Visual Arts Artists of Romania.
A W A R D S
- 2011 First Grand Prize in « figurative frontier » painting at the 28th annual contest Gala International en Arts Visuels
- 2014 First Grand Prize in « contemporary art » painting at the 30th annual contest Gala International en Arts Visuels